viernes, diciembre 23, 2005

Christmas Woes

*covers ears*

Oh, for crying out loud. WHAT did I just do to deserve this?

It was bad enough that I keep on hearing music from the television downstairs (Can anyone say "Don't Give Up On Us"?) that gets stuck into my head. Add those Christmas carolers who don't even sing, just rattle their rattles and scream at the top of their voice (Heck, and throw coins back at you if you give them two pesos. I mean, come on. We're ALL living in crisis.).

Now, I have to endure Alvin and the Chipmunks. For the thousandth time.

Damn it.

Don't get me wrong. I love Alvin and the Chipmunks (ish). It's just that, hearing them nonstop since seven in the morning is prone to drive you nutters.

*starts singing in mock-chipmunk voice (do you even call it a voice?!) *

Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing
Ring ting tingle-ing too
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you

Outside the snow is falling
And friends are calling "You Hoo"
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you

Giddy-yap giddy-yap giddy-yap let's go
Let's look at the show
We're riding in a wonderland of snow
Giddy-yap giddy-yap giddy-yap it's grand
Just holding your hand
We're gliding along with the song of a wintry fairy land

Our cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take the road before us and sing a chorus or two
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you


*screams like a demented madwoman*

I need more caffeine. Seriously.

As if I didn't have enough already! I mean, let me state the fact that, yes, I understand the fact that we need to work on some projects over the holidays, but does it have to involve me waking up at damnable six-thirty in the morning? My gosh.

I so downed a tall glass of iced vanilla coffee over our meeting, which seems to have perked me up. A little.

But right now? More caffeine. Oh, great. I'm turning into a caffeine addict.

Hooray.