jueves, septiembre 22, 2005

Professional Procrastinator

I'm the worst procrastinator in the world!

Mind you, I've always been a procrastinator, no doubt about it. It's just that it's getting worse. But I have a suspicion that it is brought about by the Intramurals. We haven't had regular classes for a few days already (which is good), but schoolwork is starting to pile up already.

I'm supposed to do this paper on the Sugbuak for S.S. and it has been assigned to us a month or so ago, and it's due in October, and yet I haven't written a single word *hides under a rock*. Also, I'm having a hard time in my research, seeing as the results in Yahoo and Google are latest ones, and they don't really mention the information that I need, the back-up stories, etc. Which, I guess, makes me always put it off. I've been telling myself weeks ago that I need to start the damn paper already, but I just couldn't. Bad. Bad Patty!

Secondly, I have two projects for (ugh) Filipino. Which I don't really have the heart to do. Whatever the hell happened to my so-called determination to do better in school?! One is a book report for a Filipino short story and it's due next week. Yet I haven't read a book, let alone HAVE a book. This is sad, I tell you! And I also have to make a movie review on the movie we watched a month ago, titled Abacada...ina. It's a good thing my Filipino teacher, Mdme. Sales changed this from an individual project to a group project. So I have to make only the "disenyong pamproduksyon" which doesn't even make sense to me. WHAT in sweet Malfoy's name is that? It's also due next week and... there.

Third, I have to make an outline for the assigned act in Macbeth. Also due next week. And I have not written a word! Ohmimama. I now feel like slapping myself.

Fourth, another journal in Health. On the difference in boys and girls. Aaaargh!

I really do know, that I need to do all this stuff before next week hits, but admittedly, there are a lot of things I would much rather do. Things I actually wanna do, like writing (or in this case, blogging), reading, eating, sleeping, and watching DVDs. So many temptations. Sigh. Sad.

With no connection whatsoever to post above, I'm currently reading three books. One is the fifth Georgia Nicolson book, Away Laughing on a Fast Camel; Sophie's World, which got a little more exciting; and Harry Potter six. Yes, deal with it. I'm reading it again, but this time, on the book! YES! I finally bought my own copy yestie. Oh yes, I may sound truly pathetic but I only got my copy yesterday *sticks tongue out*. Anyway, it doesn't matter. What matters is, I have my own copy! Yey!

My co-Fingalls and I also composed this song yestie. It's kind of an imitation to one of the songs of the years above us. The original song goes like this (I think. I don't have lyrics).

Musso plus Lini equals Teacher Mussolini. Kung siya ang Presidente, ma-dato na mi!
(Musso plus Lini equals Teacher Mussolini. If she's the President, we would be rich
.-- It's because Teacher Mussolini, Fiona told me, is actually the economics teacher.)

And our own Harry Potter version goes like this:

Seve plus Rus Snape equals Teacher Severus Snape. Kung siya ang DADA teacher, mangamatay na mi!
(Seve plus Rus Snape equals Teacher Severus Snape. If he's the DADA [
Defense Against the Dark Arts] teacher, we would all die!)

Fun! Ha-ha. We're really weird.

Okay, today's actually the first day of Intramurals. Fun (ish). We had our cheering exhibition, and I must say, our paraphenelia looks way, way awesome. We sewed 'em ourselves. One is a headband, wherein we glue-gunned a strip of white ribbon, where we sewed the beads and the sparkly stuff. The others are two bracelets, one in white and one in blue. Actually they're hair clips, wherein we sewed beads and the sparkly stuff to. They look tres nice in the sunlight.

Weather was pretty weird, raining and shining, and Meg ended up sick. Actually, she WAS sick in the first place. But she fell really sick so Gabe called her mom and asked her to pick Meg up. We watched a couple of games, like the varsity team versus a rival school in volleyball, Kimi's team in softball and Miles and Sherry's team in soccer baseball. The rival school won, sadly, but Kimi's, Miles and Sherry's team won anyway, which is tres cool. Our year's team in scrabble also won, so congratulations should be said to my friends Julie and Vera, and the rest of the lot.

We ended up eating quite a lot (which hurt our pockets!). First it was a footlong cheesedog and a bottle of iced tea, then pizza (which was shared between me, Fiona and Gabe), then when I went home I ate a pack of Nova. Ohmygawd. I have to stop eating so much! This is bad! Actually, since September started, I've been eating quite a lot, and I really should stop since it'll make me fatter than I am. Don't people realize that? I mean, when I tell my friends I'm fat, they always retort "If you're fat, what am I?" or "Stop complaining and consider yourself lucky!" Seriously!

Which is why I'm going on a diet after Intrams. And wait before you jump to conclusions. "Diet" in my book doesn't really mean anything but go back to your old eating habits. Which simply means, to put it shortly, "no trips to Angelica's or Brown Cup after school." That's all! Seriously! I'm not about to skip meals or start eating less, you know!

Oops, mom's arrived. Have to go down and eat din-din. See you!

Q: can i add you up in my blog?
A: Sure!

xoxo

PS: Ooh, I just realized, there are boxes of GoNuts donuts in the fridge! Hmm... why are you looking at me like that?!