viernes, septiembre 02, 2005

Gee, When Did I Last Blog Again?

(I know. It's a crappy title but I couldn't think of anything else.)

A little preview on what's been happening in my life nowadays:

Saturday, 27 August

I got my grades. Suffice to say, I was pretty amazed that I managed to survive with an 81 in Science and Math. 81!!! That's something already! I usually get lines of seven in these subjects. Hahahaha *laughs evilly*

My History and English grades are a different matter, though. How come I only got 85 in these subjects? I so do not understand. At all. I know I do good at these subjects, but somehow I'm not satisfied with my 85. Tell me something, am I really just not satisfied or am I just ungrateful for getting an 85? Sheesh.

Monday, 29 August

Had no classes because of the National Heroes Day thing. Yipee. I spent most of the day watching DVDs. But something really got me annoyed that day. My aunt just stormed in the middle of my DVD marathon and told me that my uncle (her hubbie-- same one I got annoyed to over the DVD-buying thing) was coming over, and is going to sleep in my freaking room with the freaking aircon on. Can you just believe that? I mean, seriously. I don't even get to use the aircon during the day (except when I have friends over) and he wants to sleep in MY room with the aircon ON. So you could see why that got me miffed.

But mom told me that I should just be polite to people who annoy me (most especially those older than me, and that includes my aunt and uncle). So I didn't say anything. Because they're old. Haha. =p

Tuesday, 30 August

Linggo ng Wika na naman! Oh, yes. Originally I was supposed to wear that dress with the big sleeves, but it was so hard to find one! And my uncle (the other one) was not in town to make me a dress. So what happened? I had to improvise. Mom and I went to the mall and bought this floor-length, black and white lacy skirt, and I paired it with a pristine sleeveless turtleneck, a black shawl and white flats. I probably looked like I just came from a funeral, but whaddaheck. My only concern was that it wasn't really Maria Clara, but more like a modern version. Especially with the ballet flats.

Wednesday, 31 August

We presented the entire play, Merchant of Venice. Hurrah. Like I said before, I didn't have any roles so I was in charge of music. It was not really horrible but it was bad. A member of my group had not been present in ALL the practices, had not memorized the lines, AND had no costume, so we ended up deleting her role. But some of the cast forgot their lines... oh well.

Friday, 02 September

Today, I was pulled out from my classes in the afternoon because my brother and I had to go to the DFA office for personal appearance, before we get our passports. I wasn't really that sorry to miss Filipino, since I hadn't studied for that quiz (because I did not understand the lesson), but I was sorry to miss Science and History. Science, because the current topic is complicated and I know I'm going to have a hard time catching up with what I missed. History, because we've been discussing something really fascinating, and I missed a part of it. Sad.

There were so many people in the DFA office. Seriously. It's a good thing my mom had an appointment so we were luckier than most of the people there waiting. Teehee. We've only been there for fifteen minutes and then we went to the mall. I guess mom was starving due to the fact that she had not eaten lunch, and me, I took an early lunch so I was also starving by then. We ate at Sbarro's, a big plate of lasagna and a big plate of pizza, all of which we shared. =)

My latest DVDs are:

  1. The Wedding Date- Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney
  2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Johnny Depp
  3. Wedding Crashers- Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn
  4. The Truth About Love- Jennifer Love Hewitt, Dougray Scott and Jimi Mistry
  5. Must Love Dogs- Diane Lane and John Cusack
  6. Sky High- Michael Angarano
  7. Bewitched- Nicole Kidman and Will Farrell

And I'm dying to grab a copy of:

  1. My Sassy Girl- Kyun Woo and Ji-Hyun Jun
  2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- Alexis Bledel, Amber Tamblyn, America Ferrera and Blake Lively
  3. Batman Begins- Christian Bale and Katie Holmes
  4. If Only- Jennifer Love Hewitt

Oh, and as I bought some of these DVDs, I noticed a copy of Harry Potter. The whole three movies. I totally go, whoa, but I promised myself I would buy the original copy. Heh-heh.

Current Song: Pale September by Fiona Apple

Hay... so tired. Outta here.

xoxo