sábado, julio 23, 2005

Crazy Over Harry

WARNING: Contains Spoilers
and
I'm entitled to my own comments.

Hay. I just finished reading Harry Potter 6 last night. It took me half a day or so, and believe me, my eyes were so damn red, I had to get eyedrops. =p But it was all worth it. It was way unbelievable, seriously. And way sad. I had to keep myself from crying during the last few chapters. Whaa!

I just know I'll be in for a debate with Sherry on this thing once she reads this, but Sher, it's one of the best HP books I read! It was not badly written! J.K. Rowling is a genius. I love her and I hate her! =p It was amazing, and I could not put down the book (well, e-book) even if I had loads to do for school. It was shorter than the Order of the Phoenix, which, in my opinion, was unnecessarily long.

I loved how she spun the story together, and how she explained Lord Voldemort's history. It all somehow connects and makes sense. And I hated J.K. for killing off Dumbly, but I guess it was for a reason. But I can't imagine reading the last book without him! It's like it was incomplete. Seriously, first, it was Sirius, and now, it's Dumbledore! Grr! I felt he staged his own death, but I am still hoping against hope that he's alive. There are a few clues to this, like, Dumbledore's new portrait in the Headmaster's office has not spoken yet, and that it was just Harry's perception that it was Dumbledore's body was the one wrapped in the purple cloth during the burial. But I don't know. Maybe it's just me (in denial, that is). The thing is, I still haven't gotten over it! Argh!

And Malfoy! Heehee. =p I loved him in HBP for some strange reason. The poor kid just could not bear to kill Dumbledore! And even though Snape did kill Dumbledore, I still believe there's a good side in him. Dunno.

And unlike what others say, I felt like the amount of romance in HBP was just right. But there's one thing that I object: Harry and Ginny! Whaa! I want Harry and Hermione to end up together! Huh, maybe some time in the forseeable future, but since Ron and Hermione have some kind of a hidden love just wanting to burst out, Harry might as well fall in love with his best-friend's youngest sister. And oh, they snogged! =p Yipee!

But my most favorite pair is *drumroll* Tonks and Lupin! Haha, I'm serious (ish). Even though some people say it seems "siningit lang," I love them! I mean, I just imagine them together. :D They rock!

And here are my favorite scenes from the book:


"He accused me of being 'Dumbledore's man through and through.'"

"How very rude of him."

"I told him I was."

Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Behind Harry, Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To Harry's intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knees. When Dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady.

"I am very touched, Harry."


Awww, isn't he sweet? Harry, I mean. I know Harry respects and loves Dumbledore to bits, but this just rocked!


"It's going to be all right, sir," Harry said over and over again, more worried by Dumbledore's silence than he had been by his weakened voice. "We're nearly there... I can Apparate us both back... don't worry..."

"I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you."


This happened at the end of one of the few chapters, when they got the fake (!!) Horcrux and Dumbly was very weak. And this touched me to bits. Just goes to show how Harry cares for Dumbledore, though I knew that already. =p

And lastly, just a proof of how much I love Tonks and Lupin. ;)


"You see!" said a strained voice. Tonks was glaring at Lupin. "She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!"

"It's different." said Lupin, barely moving his lips and looking suddenly tense. "Bill will not be a full werewolf. The cases are completely-"

"But I don't care either, I don't care!" said Tonks, seizing the front of Lupin's robes and shaking them. "I've told you a million times...."

And the meaning of Tonks's Patronus and her mouse-colored hair, and the reason she had come running to find Dumbledore when she had heard a rumor someone had been attacked by Greyback, all suddenly became clear to Harry; it had not been Sirius that Tonks had fallen in love with after all.

"And I've told you a million times," said Lupin, refusing to meet her eyes, staring at the floor. "that I am too old for you, too poor... too dangerous..."

"I've said all along you're taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus," said Mrs. Weasley over Fleur's shoulder as she patted her on the back.

"I am not being ridiculous," said Lupin steadily. "Tonks deserves somebody young and whole."

"But she wants you," said Mr. Weasley, with a small smile. "And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so."

He gestured sadly at his son, lying between them.

"This is... not the moment to discuss it," said Lupin, avoiding everybody's eyes as he looked around distractedly. "Dumbledore is dead..."

"Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world," said Professor McGonagall.



Of course, this happened after Dumbledore died, Snape escaped, and the rest of the lot were in the Hospital Wing. Bill happened to be attacked by a werewolf, but luckily, he's not going to be a werewolf, like Lupin, but his face got disfigured. He's luckier, though, because Fleur Delacour (I love her! Such a comic relief!) still insisted on marrying him, because, in her own words, "I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk!" =D Anyway, back to Tonks and Lupin, I just found them cute! Hehe, weird. And J.K. rewarded me, 'cause at the near end of the story, they seemed to be holding hands daw! Whee! I hope to hear more from them in the seventh book. Like I said, I am so weird.

Overall, this book was a good read for me, and I did not mind reading it online, but I can't wait to get my own copy. It's one of the best HP books (again, for me), and a much better read than the previous one, because frankly, I found OotP too dark-ish. Whatever that means.

Okay, gotta stop, my PC is acting up (Wow, it rhymes ha). Before I go, though:

BRITISH-ISMS
Ooh-lala... =)



Your Slanguage Profile

British Slang: 75%
Victorian Slang: 50%
Aussie Slang: 25%
New England Slang: 25%
Prison Slang: 25%
Southern Slang: 25%
Canadian Slang: 0%






This is neat! ;)