sábado, abril 23, 2005

How My Thursday Went

So, anyway.

HOW MY THURSDAY WENT
in Patty Standard Time (PST)

11:00 a.m.- Roused by brother, birthday boy Nico and our cousins Lynn and Moriah. Had no idea why they were up at the break of dawn. Yelled at them to bug off to catch more Zzz's. Not the most mature and ate-ish thing to do, I know, but my mind was hopelessly in dreamland.

12:20 p.m.- Finally woke up and went downstairs in silk PJs. Found the three musketeers about to eat spaghetti while watching Game Ka Na Ba. Ate spaghetti with Coke. That was breakfast. You're not supposed to have Coke when you wake up, so I can't blame myself for having stomach pains immediately.

1:40 p.m.- Mum arrives from half-day at office. Orders son to take a bath immediately so he can go to Church. Insists bringing Lynn along. Mum refuses, but gives up almost immediately because of sons' nonstop bickering. Brother takes bath with Lynn and Moriah.

2:10 p.m.- Mum finally left with brother and cousin Lynn. Poor Moriah! Tried to cheer her up with some candy from the apple-shaped bowl, but instead takes her afternoon nap.

3:00 p.m.- Uber bored after taking a bath. Mum arrives with Lynn and Nico, while the other musketeer still in deep slumber. Tries to find something upbeat and party-ish music on the radio, but all stations were playing mushy love songs. So not appropriate for a party.

3:20 p.m.- Surrenders on the radio, and puts a pirated dance mix CD. But CD refuses to play. Tries again to no avail. Yells at mum for the CD cleaner, but CD cleaner does not play. Exasperated, I went to my room for my burned CDs, only to discover they were missing. Fully gives up.

4:15 p.m.- Barges to next door after realizing I lent my CDs to them. Found out one neighbor asleep, one in Manila and one shopping. Also found our doggie tied up, whimpering. Takes said dog for a walk, which included running to our home and darting under chairs. Leash and my hands tangled for a while.

4:25 p.m.- Decides to return doggie to prison next door. Tries to pull dog back but the dog refuses, until I nearly choked him with his leash with all that pulling. Once dog is tied up again, discovers that sleeping neighbor is awake. Asked for my CDs and returns home and tries in vain to play them. They play, but they tend to skip. Tries CD cleaner again, to no avail.

5:10 p.m.- No birthday guests yet. Sitting at home with feet on the table and demands celebrant who was playing GameBoy where guests were. Says they're still preparing. Demanded brother if there was a celebrant who was just playing a GameBoy on his birthday. Brother ignores me.

5:40 p.m.- Food is served after guests and celebrant played. Helped mum and helpers serve spaghetti and Coke. Posed as official photographer. Nico blows candle, etc.

After eating, guests and celebrant plays again. Anne, Arnold and I served as hosts. Ha-ha. Played popcorn, Trip to Jerusalem, Bring Me, Newspaper Dance and other games.

5:50 p.m.- Mum's friends from office arrive.

6:30 p.m.- Eating starts. Very impressed at the dishes mum and aunt selected. There's chicken gordon bleu, two kinds of beef courses, veggies, lechon and buko pandan. And the resident mango float which I finally got my hands on. Whee!

To my surprise, cousins Faye and Kyle, with parents arrived. Have not seen them in over a year, since uncle was injured, but I did see Faye last October, during that wedding. Kyle, who's turning 2 or 3 is already walking. Faye, on the other hand, three whole years younger than me, was shockingly nearly as tall as me! I was very, very amazed (and okay- scared) how short I was. Silently vowed to drink more milk. Luckily, I am the same height as Faye's mum, so that's an achievement, I guess.

Lynn and Moriah's little sister, Nia (8 months) arrived with working parents and ate dinner.

7:40 p.m.- After hearing "Say You Love Me" from next door TV set, immediately darted to mum's room to watch Hiram. Fully missed the news, Wazzup Wazzup and The Amazing Race. Asks Ate Judie and Ate Toni a few questions through text, but only Ate Toni replied. Made chika with her on something.

9:30 p.m.- Downstairs already empty, most of the guests already left. Starts cleaning up, but latecomer Aunt arrives, eats what's left and hangs around the house.

10:30 p.m.- Texts Ate Toni goodnight. Gets into PJs and reads a book while whiling away the time.

11:00 p.m.- Switches on the PC to do some Photoshop tinkering while whiling away the time.

12:00 a.m. April 22, 2005- Went online.

And that concludes Patty's Thursday.

By the way, please do visit my Fotopic account. But I don't have many photos yet, as I only created my account last night.